Jump to Navigation

Posts tagged "Texas"

How to get legal guardianship of an elderly loved one

on adult children as well as the person in need of care. Whether the elder requiring care needs assistance with medical decision-making or everyday tasks, guardianship is often the most practical option for all involved. Guardianship allows a caretaker to make decisions for an elder if he or she does not have a will or power of attorney prior to becoming incapacitated.

Texas tort reform: What does it means for victims?

Texas is a state now known for tort reform. As part of this tort reform, several limits have been placed on the damages those injured by medical malpractice can receive. Most notably, with a law that took effect in 2003, damages for pain and suffering are now limited to $250,000 in most malpractice cases.

FindLaw Network

Contact Us

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Office Location

Law Offices of Brian H. Fant, P.C.
8350 N. Central Expwy.
Suite 1310
Dallas, TX 75206

Phone: 214-267-8902
Fax: 214-265-5536
Dallas Law Office Map