Jump to Navigation

Posts tagged "guardianship"

When mom or dad become incapacitated, you may seek a guardianship

Watching parents age and become less able to care for themselves can be difficult go through for most adults. No one wants to see their parents this way, but it happens. When it does, whether you reside in Texas or elsewhere, it may be possible for you to seek guardianship of your elderly parent -- under the right circumstances.

How to get legal guardianship of an elderly loved one

on adult children as well as the person in need of care. Whether the elder requiring care needs assistance with medical decision-making or everyday tasks, guardianship is often the most practical option for all involved. Guardianship allows a caretaker to make decisions for an elder if he or she does not have a will or power of attorney prior to becoming incapacitated.

Are you caring for an aging or ill parent in Texas?

In Texas, there is an assumption that each adult has the capacity to make his or her own decisions. When old age, the onset of dementia or Alzheimer's, a serious injury or an illness impairs that person's ability to make wise choices, adults children often need to step up to the plate.

FindLaw Network

Contact Us

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Office Location

Law Offices of Brian H. Fant, P.C.
8350 N. Central Expwy.
Suite 1310
Dallas, TX 75206

Phone: 214-267-8902
Fax: 214-265-5536
Dallas Law Office Map